On January 22, 2018 Charles Edquist lectured for eight hours at the Deusto Business School, San Sebastian. He covered the following topics:
- Innovation theory, particularly the systems of innovation approach in a wide version.
- The role of institutions for innovation.
- Innovation policies – old partial/linear practices and the new holistic approach (including demand-side instruments).
- Is the Innovation Union Scoreboard (IUS) of the European Union flawed?
- The importance to distinguish between innovation policy and research policy.
- The Swedish National Innovation Council (NIC) as a form of governance for developing a holistic innovation policy.
- Functional specifications as a means to enhance innovations in public procurement.