On December 6 – 13 a PhD course was organized at the Copenhagen Business School, by Professor Susana Borrás. The course title was “Problem-oriented Innovation Policy: Key Organizational Dynamics and Issues”. Charles gave the first two lectures in the course. They were entitled:
- “Problem-Oriented Innovation Policy: A Holistic Approach”, and
- “Demand-driven Innovation Policy: The Example of Functional Public Procurement”.
Among the readings were:
- Susana Borrás and Charles Edquist (March 2019) “Holistic Innovation Policy: Theoretical Foundations, Policy Problems and Instrument Choices”: chapter 3 entitled “Innovation Policy: An Holistic and Problem-based Approach (Oxford University Press 2019). Chapter 3 can be downloaded here.
- Edquist, C. (May 2019). Towards a holistic innovation policy: Can the Swedish National Innovation Council (NIC) be a role model?, Research Policy, Volume 48, download here.
- Edquist, C (March 2019). Funktionsupphandling för innovation, välfärd och miljö. (”Functional public procurement for innovation, welfare and the environment” – In Swedish, but with a 4-page summary in English.) Report written at the request of, and published by, The Swedish Competition Agency, Uppdragsforskningsrapport 2019:2. Download at: http://www.konkurrensverket.se/contentassets/916ecd96293549589d7ae5ee2e2c0eae/forsk-rapport_2019_2-.pdf