The annual Almedalen Week in Visby, the Island of Gotland in the Baltic Sea, was the largest meeting place for the exchange of social, economic and political ideas in Sweden – with a history of 45 years. In 2012, there were 1 818 seminars and other events in the official program. This year, Charles participated in a seminar entitled “How can Sweden enhance successful clusters in medical research – what can we learn from the US?”. The other participants were:
- Dennis Ausiello, Chairman of Medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital
- Michael Rosenblatt, Executive Vice President, Merch & Co, Inc
- Anders Hamsten, Vice-chancellor, Karolinska Institutet
- Jennie Nilsson, Innovation Policy Spokesperson for the Social Democratic Party, Member of Parliament
- Torbjörn Rosdahl, County Commissioner, the County of Stockholm
The seminar was organized by Merck, Sharp & Dohme, Ameican Chamber of Commerce and Stockholm Science City.
Time: July 2 at 14.00 – 15.30.
Place: Clarion Hotel Wisby, Strandgatan 6, Spegelsalen.